About Traffic Incident Management (TIM)
Traffic Incident Management (TIM) consists of a planned and coordinated multi-disciplinary process to detect, respond to, and clear traffic incidents so that traffic flow may be restored as safely and quickly as possible. Effective TIM reduces the duration and impacts of traffic incidents and improves the safety of motorists, crash victims, and emergency responders.
The TIM Committee
The Portage County TIM Committee is a collection of the County's highway incident responders, dedicated to the principles of:
- Responder and Public Safety at Highway Incidents
- Safe, Quick Clearance of Highway Incidents
- Prompt, Reliable, Interoperable Communications
The TIM Committee represents all aspects of highway emergency response activities. Membership includes:
- Portage County Sheriff's Office
- Portage County Ambulance Service
- Portage County Highway Department
- Stevens Point Police Department
- Plover Police Department
- Stevens Point Fire Department
- Plover Fire Department
- Amherst Fire Department
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation
- Portage County Risk Management
- B & R Adams Towing
The Committee is open to membership from any organization who has an interest in TIM. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the third month of each quarter. They are from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, and meets at the Portage County Sheriff's Office training room.
Upcoming TIM Training
Basic TIM Classes
These are currently being scheduled. Check back soon.
Governor's Conference on Highway Safety
August 22-24, 2017
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel — Appleton, Wisconsin
Save the Date. We'll post the agenda when it's published.
Contact Us/More Information
For more information, contact the Sheriff's Office at (715) 346-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.